Budapest Bike Tour?
Pest Afternoon Tour
- Basic info:
- Duration: approx. 2 hours
- Meeting point: 15:00 at Szt. István Tér, Basilika
- Distance: approx. 8 km
- Price: EUR 20,00
What are we going to see?
We will pass all the important and significant sites of Pest in a relaxing and fun way on our bikes! We also will have time telling you some background stories and if you wish we will stop for refreshment as well! Join us on one of our bike tours and we won't overload you with mind-numbering dates, but rather our expert guides will share fascinating anecdotes to deliver information you'll absorb and take with you. We cycle YOUR way!
- Szabadsag Tér (Liberty Square)
- A very impressive square with a huge monument, remembering the Soviet Army! Feel the spirit of Revolutions, riots and history!
- Hungarian Parliament
- Huge neo-gothic building constructed similar to the English Parliament! It has 28 staircases, which are more than 20 km long. Get a first view of the Danube!
- Andrassy Street
- The Boulevard of Budapest with the most beautiful buildings and exclusive shops of Pest! For women ONLY we stop for a second in front of Gucci or Louis Vuitton stores! Furthermore we will see the Opera House, the Music Academy, the Liszt Ferenc Square with its numerous terraces and restaurants, the Oktogon, the House of Terror (harmless during the day) ...and a lot more!
- Nagymezö Utca (The Broadway of Budapest)
- This street is full of bars, clubs and theaters and we will show you the best not tourist trap night places to go out! See our Night Tours!
- Hôsök Tere: (Heroes Square)
- Big grimy looking statues are looking over this historic square, where we can see the Millennium Monument! There are two big art museums on both sides! On this square the Communist party held their big parades and gatherings!
- Városliget (City Park)
- Maybe now it is a time for a rest! We enjoy the Vajdahunyad Castle, green areas, trees and gardens... You tell us, when we go on the bikes again! There you can also see the world famous Szechenyi Thermal Bath, the Fun Park and the Budapest Zoo!
- The return
- We will bike back to the Basilika through small little streets, where you will get the feeling and flair of the old Budapest! See some very old buildings, still damaged from the civil war, small little roads and undiscovered corners of this wonderful city! On the return track we will also see the Synagogue! The Synagogue at the Dohány street or also named The Big Synagogue (Nagy Zsinagóga), which is the biggest in Europe!